When Professor Russell Conrad received a call to fly to Washington, he didn’t expect that he would find himself in Saudi Arabia trying to rescue the President and prevent a nuclear war. After Conrad is summoned to Washington, he finds himself on Air Force One as part of an American delegation to a secret peace conference in Saudi Arabia. President Omar Sanjar’s hopes of forming a lasting Middle East peace are shattered when the American delegation is kidnapped. Their captors’ ransom demands present a moral dilemma that threatens to plunge the Middle East into a nuclear war. Conrad’s role is transformed from CIA advisor to an agent as he tries to rescue Sanjar and warn Israel of the impending missile attack.
- Dr. Russell Conrad – Consultant for the CIA on Middle Eastern Economics and Energy and Director of the Cowell Center at SMU
- Omar Sanjar – President of the United States
- David Abraham – Director of the Special Operations Division of the Mossad or “Metsada” which is involved in assassination, paramilitary operations, sabotage, and psychological warfare
- Glen Fitzpatrick – Deputy Director, Near Eastern and South Asian Analysis, CIA
- Prince Iban bin Saoud – Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and friend of President Omar Sanjar
- Yossuf bin Ibrahim – Leader of cell Gamera of the Dubai Jihad
- Lawrence Glidden – Vice President of the United States
- Randy Cavendar – Secretary of Defense
- Stephen Claremont – Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Donna Caruthers – Intelligence Collection Analyst, Near Eastern and South Asian Desk, CIA
- Harlan DuBois – Secretary of State
- Margaret “Maggie” Louise Gunther – National Security Agency Chief of Staff
Places in The Analyst
Images of the the Battle of Greasy Grass or the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
What’s the connection? Read the book to find out.
Sample Chapters and Reading Guide
Order the Book: Just click on the link to The Analyst to order the book. Should be available soon.
Book Clubs: Discussion guide for The Analyst
In the News
- Star Local News – American-Israeli tensions setting for political thriller ‘The Analyst’
- Interview on Free Book Reviews – Allen Mesch author of The Analyst
- Interview on Lipotutydyga – Allen Mesch author of The Analyst
Write a Review and Get a Book: After you read The Analyst, please consider posting a review on the Amazon website. As an incentive, I will provide a free copy of the next Russell Conrad novel, The Traitor, for the first 25 people to write a review. Just submit a favorable review (You didn’t expect me to reward bad reviews.) and send me an e-mail about your post.
Shop for Other Products on Amazon
Please feel free to check out other offerings on the Amazon site. Just click on the link and it will take you to the site. That’s all you have to do to start shopping at Amazon for an incredible variety of products. It almost makes shopping fun again.
The new edition is now available on Amazon.